Aircall is a web application built on top of the newest technologies for realtime communication (Websockets, WebRTC) providing desktop phone service to marketing & sales teams.
Our Story :
Started by eFounders, we launched officially in June 2015 and we have now 2000 customers all over the world, which use Aircall every day to run their business (Uber, Deliveroo, Heetch, Tripndrive...). In 2016, we got funded at $11M by US & European Angels and VCs, after a successful journey at 500 Startup's accelerator in San Francisco (summer 2015).
Our Product :
Aircall brings to its customers a new approach for managing their business calls :
- Get phone numbers instantly among 40 countries
- Redirect calls across your team
- Make and receive calls on computer & mobile, tracking calls and monitoring activity
- Integrate your phone system with your CRM & helpdesks (Zendesk, Pipedrive,Intercom, Salesforce, Slack…) .
We're competing with traditional players (Orange, Vodafone...) and a few (mostly US) start-ups (TalkDesk, Switch, etc), but we have a unique vision of simplicity and collaboration applied to phone calls.
Job description :
Integrated in a team of 12 people, you'll be involved in each of Aircall's decisions. You will be in charge of managing the Aircall infrastructure and ensure the reliability of the service (servers, carriers, numbers, VoIP, etc) :
- Develop the platform that equips our developers to work more efficiently : design, develop and operationalize continiuous integration, continious deployment and continuous delivery solutions.
- Responsible for deployment, monitoring, quality control, and the infrastructure
- Administer Linux servers in Amazon Web Services
Aircall's current technical stack is the following:
- Database: MySQL, ElasticSearch
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
- Frontend: AngularJS
If you want to know what features we're up to, have a look at our public product roadmap. You may upvote the features you'd love to build… but each of our 10 000+ users can, too.
- SysAdmin experience, preferably in high-reliability environments
- VoIP / telecom network experience is a plus, not REQUIRED
- Experience installing, configuring ans using various open source CI/CD tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with Amazon Web Services administration, or significant experience (greater than two years)
- Having a 1st work experience, especially in start-ups, is a plus but we'll consider your personal projects as well
- Pragmatism, open-minded, autonomy and initiative (that is truly important!)
You can send us your resume but we would like to see what you've already done first! Feel free to share links, projects, Github/stackoverflow profiles and ideas!
- Competitive package
- Comfy offices in the very heart of Paris, with tennis table, music studio, fruits & croissants :)
- Join one of the coolest team in Paris and build the next-generation phone company
- Free phone calls :)
So, if you get excited about a startup experience and you want to work in a friendly environment with a great team then please to contact us :) !