DevOps Engineer (W/M)
Aircall is a web application based on the newest real-time communication technologies (Websockets, WebRTC), providing desktop phone service to support & sales teams.
We got our start in the eFounders studio, and officially launched in June 2015. We now have 2,000 customers all over the world who use Aircall every day to run their business (Uber, Deliveroo, Heetch, Tripndrive...). In 2016, we got $11M of funding from US & European Angels and VCs, after a successful journey at 500 Startup's accelerator in San Francisco (summer 2015). We now have beautiful offices in Paris & New York City!
Aircall brings to its customers a new approach for managing their business calls:
- Get phone numbers instantly in 40+ countries;
- Make and receive calls on computer & mobile, tracking calls and monitoring activity;
- Handle calls collaboratively with your team (custom routing, tagging, archiving...);
- Integrate your phone system with your CRM & helpdesks (Zendesk, Pipedrive, Intercom, Salesforce, Slack…).
We're competing with traditional players (Orange, Vodafone...) and a few (mostly US) start-ups (TalkDesk, Switch, etc), but we have a unique vision of simplicity and collaboration applied to phone calls. If you want to know what features we’ve got planned, take a look at our public product roadmap. You may upvote the features you'd love to build, and so can each of our 10 000+ users.
You'll be part of a 15-people tech team and involved in each of Aircall's infrastructure and scaling decisions. You will work with a Lead DevOps, expert on AWS, this opportunity will lead you to join a whole new team inside Aircall's tech team. You will work on Aircall's web infrastructure performance and ensure the reliability of the service by interacting with our numerous providers.
Here are the main tasks/responsibilities related to this position:
- You will make sure that Aircall works 24/7. From monitoring to auto-scaling, you'll put in place all automations needed in order to reach 100% uptime. Most of our provisioning strategy is still done manually, so there is a big challenge in order to help us reaching the next level on the infrastructure side. Regardless of the tools used, you'll get the job done in an iterative and collaborative way;
- You will scale our infrastructure. You will build high availability and distributed services in order to sustain our growth on every aspect of the company;
- You will provide tools to the rest of the tech team in order to help everyone improve their productivity. You will put in place data collection and aggregation tools in order to help our business team to solve end customer's issues, especially on the VoIP side.
Aircall's current technical stack is the following:
- Hosting: AWS (EC2 Ubuntu, RDS, ElastiCache, Route53, S3, IAM...)
- Backend: Ruby on Rails (5 isolated services), Pusher
- Frontend: AngularJS, TypeScript (2 web applications)
- Databases: MySQL, ElasticSearch
- CI/CD: CircleCI, CodeDeploy, Capistrano, Infrastructure as code
- Experience, or significant experience (greater than one year) with Amazon Web Services administration;
- VoIP / telecom network experience is a plus, NOT required as we're using Twilio;
- Experience installing, configuring and using various open source CI/CD/provisioning tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet;
- Experience in high-reliability environments and/or real-time services is a great plus;
- You are pragmatic, open-minded, autonomous and efficient.
- Comfy offices in the very heart of Paris, with tennis table, music studio, fruits & croissants. We also organize group activities;
- Join one of the coolest team in Paris and build the next-generation phone company;
- Free phone calls!
If you get excited about living the startup experience and want to work in a friendly environment, with a great team, then feel free to contact us!